Well, I'm not in Wisconsin as I originally had planned. I made the decision to cancel my trip yesterday morning. I had two delays flying out of Austin to Chicago with anticipated delays and flight cancellations from Chicago to Milwaukee.
With having two flight delays in Austin, I would have missed my connecting flight to Milwaukee. But even if I had been able to get up to Milwaukee, all of my planned classes and private sessions would have been canceled due to the snow storm that is hitting the Midwest.
This storm is supposed to run its course over three days. My area of Union Grove, WI will be hit with high amounts of snow. The latest prediction I read today was 20 inches with up to 8 foot drifts! That's a lot of snow!
No doubt I would have had some brave students willing to drive in those treacherous conditions just to have some fun with their dogs, but safety must come first.
I am so disappointed this trip didn't happen. I planned this week of fun with students two months ago, but all is not lost. I was fortunate to reschedule this trip for the week of April 11th. I sure hope the weather will be much nicer in that neck of the woods by then.
I know the possibility for a snow storm still exists. It seems every year my area in Wisconsin gets a final blast of winter in early April, but hopefully not the week I plan to be up there.
This will be perfect timing, as that weekend, April 16-17 I'll be attending the Steve and Jen White seminar in New Berlin, WI. I'm so looking forward to that seminar and reconnecting with long-time dog training friends.
So, even though Mother Nature prevented me from going on this trip, I have another wonderful opportunity to go up to Wisconsin in April to get in some fun with family, friends and students.
Until then, stay warm and stay safe my dear Wisconsinites. I'll see you in the spring.